DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE
It's a fact! Before discovering Acumen, most of our clients experienced the frustration of the unmet promises of our larger, well-advertised competitors. Disappointed but better equipped to know exactly what they were looking for, they found it in Acumen Education.
Unlike so many of our competitors, Acumen Education doesn’t try to be all things to all students. We provide specialized tutoring services to students from kindergarten to grade 8 in math, reading, writing, and learning skills. We believe that a strong foundation in these core subjects can lead to success in all academic areas for years to come.
We are a BC-based company, not a franchise with corporate offices in another province or country. You can be confident that our staff of professional educators has a thorough knowledge of the BC curriculum. This means that our individualized approach will translate into real success for your child in the classroom.
If you’re frustrated by the uninspired, cookie-cutter approaches of the corporate-run franchises, or if you want to get it right the first time, discover the difference that Acumen’s professional and custom tailored approach means to your child.
Our Approach to Tutoring is what sets Acumen apart.
- Individual attention through one-on-one tutoring sessions.
- Convenience and comfort with in-home tutoring.
- Expert and experienced staff. All of our tutors are BC certified teachers.
- Focus on the BC Curriculum. As professional and certified educators, we have a thorough understanding of the Provincial Learning Outcomes and work to make sure your child not only meets those standards, but also exceeds them.
- We visit your child’s teacher at no extra cost. No other learning centre can provide this kind of service. Our goal is to work in partnership with teachers to ensure we meet your child’s every academic need.
- More “bang for your buck”. Given our one-to-one focus and our truly individualized attention, our cost per session is significantly lower than the average learning centre where there are typically 3-4 students per session.
- We are a community of educators, learners, and parents. We believe in empowering parents by consistently providing relevant news, information, and stories of inspiration. Whether it’s through our dynamic blog, our Facebook page, Twitter, or through our expert tutors and support staff, you are more than a client, you are a part of the Acumen community.
There are few things as valuable as academic confidence. Contact us today if you’d like to find out more about giving your child every chance to excel – 1.877.864.4010
The Acumen Education Blog
Come and Join the discussion. See what we have to say about trends in education, the latest research, and current issues that affect your child’s education.
Both Natasha and I really like her [the tutor], I only wish she was Natasha’s regular teacher. Her years of experience with children is very evident!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Linda [the tutor] very much for her gentle, kind and very positive method of teaching. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone I know.
Your energy, your willingness… your desire to see the kids learn in unique and real ways are much appreciated.
I see a lot more confidence in his school work. Thank you!
Thank you for the excellent work you do for your students. Your expertise and concern for students are evident to all.
Middle School Principal
I appreciate the way you challenge your students. I even sense some excitement and pride of accomplishment.